To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.allegheny.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/05/1997 10:25:56
On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Bob Nestor wrote:

> >> Maybe so there is:
> >> help-mac68k   Help on getting Macs running BSD and Misc.
> >> port-mac68k   Porting issues of the kernel
> >> soft-mac68k   Porting, compiling, and running of software packages
> >> etc.
>
> New users are almost always advised to read the FAQs first, but sometimes
> that doesn't always happen and dividing the mailing list won't change this.

   I'd have to agree with Bob - creating those lists would mean more lists
   to subscribe to if one is going to help people ... and one of those is
   still going to have the majority of subscribers and people posting off-
   charter questions.  It's a nice idea, but it probably wouldn't reduce
   the traffic on the main list.

   andrew.  (brennan@allegheny.edu)