Subject: Re: Color Video
To: None <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1997 09:47:27
> p.s.  Are Taras' patches publicly available for ftp??? If so, could
>         I have the URL??

ctpa01.mit.edu:/pub/ivanenko/macbsd/*

> As to John's question about Taras' patches being rolled into the source
> tree, I don't think they are in there yet.  But, I haven't tried any
> -current kernel on my MacIIx yet.  I guess I'll try that tonight and
> see how it goes(I'm not sure what changes to look for in the source,
> so I guess testing a -current kernel is the quickest way to know).

The changes I made are not yet in the -current and I not sure all of
them should be there. I would prefer to have them separate in LKM for
the systems that needs them, same about intvid code, or at least have
a configurable option for the kernel. The latest kernels I made where
built from post-1.2 sources, maybe they will alleviate your Quadra
problems (I was not following all discussions in this list, I may be
wrong).

As for another posting,

> MACVID0 at Nubus0: Radius Precision Color 8
> Possible modes: 0x80 0x81 0x82 0x83
> SM: Unknown slot manager routine 0x11
> SM: Unknown slot manager routine 0x8
> Panic: Kernel jump to zero

This message is expected, I have a list of the Slot Manager routines
that must be in the kernel but unfortunately I have very little time
now (graduating soon). Meantime, try running Mac "videodata" program
from the directory above and send me the output. There may be more
things to fix before your card could work.

	Taras Ivanenko.