Subject: Re: Some changes for the brave of heart
To: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1997 08:26:58
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Stephen C. Brown wrote:

> Thanks for the continued effort and it is much appreciated, but...
> I tried the patches and get the same results as on the earlier
> GENERIC-17.

The screen snapshot seems to indicate that you're using a 1.8 version of
the Booter... is that true?  You will find that's not very compatible with
current kernels due to a resource allocation shortfall.  Get the newest
version of the booter you can find... I'm using a 1.9.5 version (there
were 2 of them, both unofficial; one from Allen, one from a random user).

> Also, I had a question about the following part of the patch:
>
>         >  pte_level_three:
>         >!       ptestr  #FC_USERD,a0@,#2,a1 | search for logical address

Whooops!  Typo.  I've fixed it locally.  I suppose I should generate new
kernels.

--scott