Subject: Re: fvwm Problems, 3 Button problem
To: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1997 00:07:53
>Hello everybody and a happy new year!

Happy new year to all....:-)

>I installed the fvwm 1.24r and now I'm having some problems.

It might help to know which X installation you are using.  I will
go ahead and assume that it is the latest one from Scott R.
(i.e. xserver12, etc.).  In that case, I am using the same kernel,
the same X server, but with fvwm 2.042.  I am having no problems with
that.  I know that Steve Allen has the fvwm 1.24r compiled and available
for ftp at:

        <ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/~wormey/netbsd/packages/fvwm1.24r.tgz>

Try that first and see if it works for you.  If not, let me know, and
I'll post the binaries, etc. for fvwm2(But, be aware fvwm2 would
likely require lots of changes to your config file).

As far as pre-compiled binaries, you might try the "contrib" directory
on ftp.macbsd.com, or poke around a bit while you're looking at Steve
Allen's site above(I believe he's got a couple of things pre-compiled).
You might also check the web page as I believe there are links there
to at least everything in the "contrib" directory on ftp.macbsd.org.
But, most of the stuff compiles okay with very few changes.  If you
have problems with any particular application, just post to the list
and someone will help you out.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com

p.s.  How would I get things into the "contrib" directory??  I have
        compiled a lot of things and if there is enough interest, it
        might be nice to make them available.  I'll probably just
        go ahead and put them on my ISP account this weekend.  Some
        of the things compiled are: exmh, fvwm2, metamail, mh 6.8.3,
                Tcl/Tk, xearth, xmessage, xtetris, xlock, xautolock,
                and xv.
        What is the proper procedure for the above?? Should I post
        just the binaries(with a README specifying the patches to the
        original source) or the patched source archives as well??