Subject: Re: Some changes for the brave of heart
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Paul Ripke <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/1997 11:13:58
Scott Reynolds wrote:

> If all of the following are true
>
>   -  You like to do strange and wonderful things to your kernels;
>   -  Your system is `expendable' -- or at least, can be easily recovered;
>   -  You have a Duo 2x0, Quadra 6x0, Quadra 700, or AV Quadra that works
>      with any kernel;
>
> You could be an alpha tester!  The enclosed patch has been tested on a Mac
> IIx, but since that's an 030-based machine, the 040 changes can't be
> checked out.  What these changes do:
>
> <snip>

Scott,

Unfortunately I can't sup, and I haven't downloaded the kernel sources
recently, but I would like to test a kernel built with these MMU mods
on my IIsi with my DayStar 040. I have a working 1.2ish system without
the DayStar, and I was going to spend a bit of time on doing what you've
done in my next holidays - but if this it works - it means an end to
switching cards! If you ever come for a holiday in Australia...

I'll start downloading the kernel sources now anyway - but if you could
put
up a binary for FTP someplace I'll test it ASAP.

PS:
Dinsdale, the DayStar 040 PowerCache definitely does not work in a IIsi,
but these very recent changes may enable it to work. Stay tuned...
--
Paul Ripke
BHP Information Technology