Subject: Latest Installer/Mkfs?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Berdine <jjberdin@adala.smith.cis.syr.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/01/1997 11:35:57
Hi all,

Are Installer 1.1a and Mkfs 1.2 the latest versions available?  If not
where can I get newer?  The reason I ask is that after partitioning my
drive (an IBM Ultrastar ES 2.1 GM external from LaCie) with
Silverlining 5.7 into a 350MB Root & Usr and a 36MB Swap with a couple
HFS partitions filling the rest I ran Mkfs 1.2 on the Root & Usr
partition and it gave me a warning to the effect that Extended SCSI
Read/Write calls are needed for this partition and the resulting
filesystem may be incompatible with the Installer.  Otherwise no
errors from Mkfs.  Then when I run Installer 1.1a (I tried 1.1 and a
``Patched_Installer'' from ftp.macbsd.com as well with the same
results) I get this:

sd0 at scsi ID 6.
Partition read, SCSIID = 6
Mounting partition 'A' as /
Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
failed mountfs(), error 22.
Error mounting root.
mount root. : Undefined error: 0

Any ideas what's going on?  My system is a 12MB Q630 and while running
Mkfs and Installer there were no extensions installed and the system
version is 7.5.5.  If there is anything I should have mentioned and
missed please let me know.

Thanks a lot,  -Josh
Josh Berdine                                   jjberdin@smith.cis.syr.edu
Undergraduate - Computer Science  |  Syracuse University  |  Syracuse, NY