Subject: Re: separate root and swap drives?
To: Steven Campbell <scampbel@astral.magic.ca>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/05/1996 00:29:29
On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Steven Campbell wrote:

> Hi. I've been meaning to ask this one for quite some time now.
> How do I set up MacBSD on my machine so that I have a separate drive for
> root&usr and another separate drive for swap?

Guess what?  According to a comment I just read today, that's not
possible.  The alternative is to put a very small swap partition on the
same disk as root (say, 4MB) and put a larger one on a second disk.  This
will require a custom kernel, though; there are examples in
sys/arch/mac68k/conf that you can look at (I think).

--scott