Subject: Re: Another Newbie question... :)
To: Nakoruru <nakoruru@wam.umd.edu>
From: Robert C. Tindall <rtindall@delta.math.wsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1996 10:12:04
On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Nakoruru wrote:

> I've got netbsd 1.2 happily running on my iisi and was wondering what /etc
> files I'll need to edit so I can be connected to the internet through my
> ethernet card.

You mean which /etc files you DON'T need to modify?  Probibly the best
way is to start with man (then you know why as well as what).

> Where should I enter in my ip, gateway, netmask, dns server, domain name
> etc...?

man named, man hostname, man ifconfig, man route, blah blah blah.  You
might need to modify rc and WILL need to modify the net init stuff to
start named.  If you're totally new to networking lemme know and I'll
e-mail samples for all the stuff you'll need to hack.