Subject: Yesssssss.... (was Re: Swap on other harddisk?)
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1996 20:26:57
Sorry, forgot to forward to the list.

On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Dave Huang wrote:

> http://www.quantum.com/products/manuals/daytona_s/chp2.html#2.2
>
> I don't know if that's the same connector, but it sounds similar.

Someone please kick me....  I looked for hours all over the net, but only
browser the Quantum pages related to _my_ PB drive, when... of course...
DUH!  the internal drive pin connections would be the same.  I even saw
those manuals and started to click on one....  What a week.

That appears to be the connector, though I'm scratching my head at the
description of the pin distance, as it's a full 1mm smaller than I had
remembered the 40 Meg's spec sheet (which I finally found on their BBS,
thank God for 1-800 numbers).  Probably faulty memory.  Better check that
parity bit again.  :-)

Thanks, y'all.  Now I just have to see if I can kill the internal
termination and try to find the connector in one of these parts
catalogs....  (Stack size cannot be determined through software)

By the way, do the eight data bit connections (and the others) normally
get hard-wired across between the two ports, or am I missing something?
And I guess the TERM power line should be connected to the drive unless I
kill the termination.

I think I may have found the perfect power supply for it... from a
scrapped VCR circa 1988 or so.  Maybe I'll use the +12 outs to drive a fan
or something... or maybe a fan for the user....

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |