Subject: Re: Q: Status of Daystar Accelerator Cache Support
To: Tank " " <Tank@pg.net>
From: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/1996 13:17:45
> Can anyone tell me what the current status of support for using the Cache=
>  on the Daystar Accelerator Cards?
> I know there were a couple of people working on this with some success, =
> but don't know if a stable kernel was ever released.

As far as I know, I'm the only person that has done work
in this area...  (But I could be wrong)

I haven't had much time to work on any mods for recent
kernels, but the most recent one I compiled is at:
  ftp://cpre1.ee.iastate.edu/pub/netbsd/netbsd-daystar%232.tar.gz

(The file is actually named netbsd-daystar#2.tar.gz)
See the readme for more details

IF I find the time I plan on updating my src to current and
begin trying to track down some cache coherency problems.
The above kernel flushes the cache WAY too often...

Kevin

|/     |)                   ~ Flight Management Systems Engineer
|\evin |\adke                ~ Rockwell-Collins Avionics
radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kmradke@fmsb.cca.rockwell.com ~  Iowa State University Grad