Subject: Re: X, Y, Zmodem
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Wilson Cheung <wcheung@sdcc13.ucsd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/14/1996 00:34:17
> Where can one find Xmodem/Ymodem/Zmodem software for Unix/clones (sz/rz,
> etc.)?  It seems to be on everybody's boxes but the NetBSD ones.  Are
> there freeware/shareware/public domain/gnu public license versions
> available?  In source code, preferrably?  It sure would make things easier
> since I'm doing most of my playing around on a PowerBook with serial
> console.

The latest public domain source code of the rzsz package that I can find
on the 'Net is version 2.12 and is available at:

ftp://oak.oakland.edu/pub/misc/unix/rzsz-pd.zip

The latest shareware source code of the rzsz package is version 3.41
and is available at:

ftp://ftp.cs.pdx.edu/pub/zmodem/rzsz.zip

I don't know how well it compiles under NetBSD (haven't had time to try)
but I don't think it should be too diffcult.

--
Wilson Cheung <wcheung@ucsd.edu>
Wilson Cheung