Subject: Re: procfs and termcap
To: Ethan Gold <etgold@cs.vassar.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/1996 14:23:00
On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Ethan Gold wrote:

> why doesn't "find" work on the profcs?

I don't know this.

> also, when I telnet to my bsd mac from a sparcstation the screen is
> handled very poorly.

This is a pretty well-known problem, and stems from the fact that Sun's
telnet (and HP's, at least up to HP-UX 9.x) is based on very old, and
broken, code.  There are two workarounds for this:  (a) get new telnet
source from ftp.cray.com, compile, and install it on the Sun, or (b) add
"-k" to the entry in inetd.conf for telnetd.  The former solution is
preferred; the latter is a kludge that will help the situation, but you
will probably find other strangeness coming from "good" telnets.

I don't know if this is in either the *BSD FAQ or the NetBSD/mac68k
version, but it ought to be. :-)

--scott