Subject: Re: WTF is dt?
To: Tom Rowlands <tomr@oaf.apana.org.au>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/1996 22:38:55
> This might be a bit of a dum question and all that, but WTF is this dt
> thing? :) I've gathered that it might have been written esp. for
> NetBSD/mac68k, but I'm not sure.

That's correct.  Dt is a virtual terminal software, something like the
GNU screen.  Unlike screen, dt cannot "detach" and "reattach" a
session, but with dt written specifically for NetBSD/mac68k, you can
switch from a virtual terminal to another by command-key plus a digit
key, or "cut&paste" using your mouse.

I've been using X so I don't need dt anymore, but I used to use it all
the time when my only monitor was the SE/30 internal video at 512x342
resolution.

ken