Subject: Re: SCSI problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard C. Graul <graul@netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1995 09:46:39
>The kernel is in:
>        ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/pub/outgoing/briggs

>If someone can verify that this kernel works and fixes the scsi
>problems, I'll move it over to the snapshots directory and upload
>it to ftp.netbsd.org, too.

This kernel seems to work OK -- no crashes and no fs corruption.  When I
copied about 35 Mb to the drive which I was previously having problems
with, I did get the following message:

free inode /u/109475 had 128 blocks

I umount'ed and fsck'ed the fs before and after the copy and everything
was OK.

A couple other items somewhat related to SCSI:

1) I am also using a MO with the write protect tab set.  Occaisionally,
   even when I'm not accessing that particular drive, I get the following
   message:

   sd2(ncrscsi0:2:0): readonly device, data = XX

   Though everything works OK.

2) I have a swap set up for both sd0 and sd1.  When I boot, I get the
   following message:

   swapon: /dev/sd1b: device not configured

   Shouldn't the swaps be configured in GENERIC?

Thanks for the new kernel.

Rick