Subject: Re: IIvx kernal
To: Steven T. More <more@oswego.oswego.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1995 14:26:44
> 	Does ethernet work on the IIvx kernal (with chip DP8390)?

Probably not.  I know there are problems on the Performa 600--which is
basically the same machine.  I'm not sure why it doesn't work, and it
would be nice if someone with a IIvx, IIvi or P600 would try to figure
it out.  I think it's because these machines use something called the
V8 ASIC to emulate the VIA2/RBV functions.  I doubt the code is going
to be very different than the via2 or the RBV code.

> 	BSD does not trust the system to write to PRAM

This might well be fixed in the latest code, thanks to Walter Ruetten.
It should also read the PRAM time correctly on boot (which it probably
is not doing, now).

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **