Subject: Re: P600 @ Asante 10-Base-T/Thick LAN Card
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1995 17:27:44
At 3:12 PM 9/9/95, Allen Briggs wrote:
>> Well, I bought an ethernet card which uses the Nat'l Semiconductor DP 83902
>> and installed it in my Performa 600 (IIvx).  The machine can no longer
>> boot... Rut Roo..
>
>That's the video card's fault.  What options do you have checked in
>booter 1.8?
>
>Basically, the problem is that the video card generates VBL interrupts,
>but the kernel doesn't know what to do with these except on a couple
>of old Apple cards.  The interrupts are therefore only enabled when
>there is an ethernet card in the machine (all nubus interrupts are on
>one wired-OR interrupt line to VIA2/RBV).

For booting preferences I have the following items checked:
        Extra debugging info
        Don't disable VBL interrupts on video cards
        Don't bug me about untested machine.
        Auto-size RAM
        Kernel Location: NetBSD/mac

And once it gets to:
        ae0 at nubus0:...

The machine just hangs.  I also tried it without "Don't disable VBL..."
checked and it hung then too.

Derrick Hutchinson