Port-m68k archive

Re: NetBSD/virt68k booting multi-user

thorpej@ wrote:

> I still have a little cleanup to do, but this should be ready to get hooked up into RELENG's automated tests soon.

Great news!

I think this virt68k on qemu can also be used to build pkgsrc binaries,
but there is one concern.

According to virt68k/include/param.h, PGSHIFT is 12 so page size is 4KB.
This means the virtual address space range is limited upto ~224MB
on 040 pmap and it could be too small to build modern large toolchains
like cmake.

I guess we can simply change PGSHIFT to 13, but I wonder we should
also consider again to reorganize 040 pmap to make it possible to
expand L2 STEs on demend, as mhitch@ mentioned back in 2009:
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-m68k/2009/05/12/msg000143.html

Maybe we also have to consider about 3-level pmap like sun3x..
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-m68k/2001/07/20/0003.html

Thanks,
---
Izumi Tsutsui