Port-i386 archive

Re: serial console device, and installboot vs. /boot.cfg

On Fri 09 Feb 2024 at 12:24:24 -0800, Steve Rikli wrote:
> And e.g. in my semi- real-world
> keyboard+VGA crash cart scenario, to switch consoles you'd (un)comment
> the consdev line in /boot.cfg rather than rewriting bootstrap options;
> this feels less intrusive to me.

I thought, but I never tried, that it is also possible to swap from the
serial console to the pc console if you are in the (serial) boot prompt
and type a command ("consdev pc" I suspect).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose