Subject: Re: USB CF reader problems with 2.0beta
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/02/2004 20:01:56
On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 12:49:52PM -0400, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Yes, it's a 64K buffer.  The controller can deal with non-contigous
> pages and it's just laziness on my part that it doesn't.
> BUT, it used to work just fine allocating 64K.  I don't understand
> how memory can get so fragmented.

On my laptop, it works just fine.  It's running

NetBSD 1.6ZE (NAUKU) #5: Sun Nov 16 21:47:25 EET 2003

Uptime is 29 days and the laptop has been used for many things in that
time.  On the other hand, the 2.0beta system was rebooted yesterday and
the memory is too fragmented for umass already (even though the 2.0beta
machine has 256 MB more RAM than the laptop).

  -jm