Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: new partition ID
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/19/1998 22:41:38
> > Can we expect a -current i386 snapshot sometime soon that supports it ?
>
> I will be building a -current snapshot as soon a UVM gets a bit more
> stable.

Uh, UVM is experimental right now, and probably will be for at least a
while yet.  I'd say that it makes a _lot_ of sense to generate an
i386 -current snapshot without UVM (but with the rest of the changes
in -current), so that people can do the right things with their disks
and not have to worry about UVMs possible instabilities (yet).

Yeah, sure, we want to get UVM tested, but like it or not people have
to run -current on "stable-ish" machines, and they shouldn't _have_ to
switch to UVM until it's known to be pretty stable.

cgd