Subject: Re: FS register
To: HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM <HARAWAT.IN.oracle.com.ofcmail@in.oracle.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/11/1997 21:30:55
	(Damn, I really ought to read the question before answering)

	I'm sorry - I don't know enough about the i386 to answer that
	question (but thats just my ignorance - I'm sure someone here
	does :)

	Even if it is used by default, its probably quite possible to
	compile the kernel with the correct flags, or modify a copy of
	gcc, to ensure the register is not used.

		David/abs

  -- "Its hard to say it... I hate to say it... but its probably me..." --