Subject: Re: Programs wont run!
To: Chris Ewert <chris@adsl-204-146-211-92.il.us.ibm.net>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/03/1997 09:23:17
Hi Chris,
Is it /usr/games/hide/chess you are running, or /usr/games/chess?  If it
is infact /usr/games/hide/chess - what are you typing to run it (sorry if
this question insults you)?  Typing "cd /usr/games/hide ; chess" won't
work unless you have ./ in your path.  Try typing "/usr/games/hide/chess"
or "./chess" from /usr/games/hide.

Sometimes confusing "file not found" message arrise from mispointed
sym-linkes, or scripts with non-existant interpreters.  For example,
/usr/games/chess is a sym-link to dm.  If dm doesn't exist in that
directory, it won't work.

Hope this helps,
	Rick

 On Fri, 2 May 1997, Chris Ewert wrote:

> Hi.  I am having more trouble.  Some programs do not work.  For example I will
> take /usr/games/hide/chess.  when I am in the directory I get the error
> 'Command not found'.  I did a ls -l and it had a rwx-rx-rx or something like
> that.  I think that is also causing the problem with my sendmail program.  It
> calles for a /var/run/utmp file and clames it is not there.  When I checked it
> and it is there.  Do you have any ideahs?
> Chris

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/