Subject: Re: pcvt problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1996 08:41:59
>From the keyboard of Dave Huang:
> > Don't misunderstand me. I just want a clean solution. If there is a limit
> > of 1024 bytes per entry specified somewhere (implicit or explicit), pcvt's
> > termcap entry should be stripped down to 1024 bytes.
>
> FWIW, termcap(3) states:
>      The tgetent() function extracts the entry for terminal name into the
>      buffer at bp. The bp argument should be a character buffer of size 1024
>      and must be retained through all subsequent calls to tgetnum(),

I should have read the FM ....

Because if one "documents" all capabilities of a given terminal in a termcap
entry it can easily grow to a much larger size than 1024 bytes, i have not
even thought about a 1k restriction.

I start to like terminfo more and more ....

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
             "If you can read usenet you can read the FM" (nigel@theplanet.net)