Subject: Re: Synchronous IO boards for NetBSD
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1996 10:08:48
Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>  wrote:

 > I also know Riscom have support in BSD/OS, but I don't know the
 > quality.

We have a Riscom/N2 board with BSDI and it worked fine for a regular
56k line... However, we them got a frame-relay link to another provider
and that rendered the Riscom board useless.. We spoke to Riscom and they
promised Frame-Relay "any day now"... After waiting 2 months, there was
still no frame-relay driver... Eventually we gave in and bought a Cisco
and got over the whole thing... We've still tried to keep in contact
with Riscom but I've heard nary a thing about any Frame-Relay code...

If they actually have said code, they're certainly not very good at
telling anyone about it...