Subject: Kernel Compilation
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Roberts <steve@rsp.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/1996 12:58:29
Howdy !

Thanks to Andrew Gillham for my last question.

Now here's another using Ver 1.0.

I have been trying to compile a new kernel and I'm not fully sure what to
do. I was told by a friend that you copy the ALL configuration to the name
of the machine. In my case HOLLY. In this file you change the appropriate
lines. OK That's easy. Then you run config HOLLY. That's Cool aswell. Then
you go down a directory and into the compile directory and into the
directory HOLLY. Then run make depend. That's cool. After about 45 minutes
it comes back without any errors but a few warnings. And according to my
knowledge I should now have a new kernel ??. I can't see any differences
???. I have obviously missed something out. I would normally try different
things out to fix the problem but since the compile time is 45 minutes that
would be a very long time to muck around.

I don't like to beg but PLEASE PLEASE can someone answer this !

Steve.

Steve Roberts                                           steve@rsp.com.au
Rising Sun Pictures P/L                               Tel - 618 364 6074
42 High Street                                        Fax - 618 361 2298
KENSINGTON    SA    5068                          http://www.rsp.com.au/