Subject: Re: ASUS P55TP4 motherboard experiences?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/1995 22:46:34
> board - it's just what grabbed my eye on the ASUS home page...  Also,
> how about the P55TP4-XE?

This is a fine MB.  You can't really go wrong with it.

> Also, I seem to recall hearing that some PCI chipsets are better than
> others.   This particular board uses the Intel Triton chipset.

Triton seems to be the state of the art in P5 motherboard technology
these days, albeit with a few flaws (like lack of memory parity).
It's better than the Neptune chipset.  I've also heard some good
things about ASUS's new SiS chipset based board but have no personal
experience with it.

So many people have asked me about this kinda stuff that I finally
just wrote it down where anyone could read it:

	http://www.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/handbook/hw:configs.html

						Jordan