Subject: Re: Questions about pcvt
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@colwyn.owl.de>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/1995 00:44:11
>From the keyboard of Matthias Scheler:

> I've to questions about the pcvt console driver:
>
> 1.) Is it possible to get a solid (not blinking) cursor?

No. I'd like one too, so i tried to implement it some time ago. On VGA's,
the only thing you can get by hardware is a blinking cursor, when a steady
one is desired, you have to implement it in software: "just" let the cursor
be an inverse displayed character. This change affects all (dark) corners
of the basic design of the driver ....

> 2.) Is it normal that in single user mode text is printed in white on
>     red background?

No. All messages from the kernel are by default printed white on red, all
"user" i/o in multi- and single user mode is by default white on black.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis        GFKT HCS Computertechnik GmbH        Hamburg, Europe
  Unplug cables at least semi-annually to allow unused bits to drain. (HP RAQ)