Subject: Printer stuff
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brandon Reed <reed@reedb.rhn.orst.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/07/1995 14:42:15
This should be relatively simple, but I don't know the answer :)
My printer seems to expect CR/LF but unix text files only have LF
(canon bj200e)
so when I use say:
lpr text.file
the output walks across the page.
Is there a string I can add to the printcap file Or do I need to get a
"unix2dos" program.
Also is there a program floating around that I can have lpr pipe through
and it will figure out what kind of ouput I'm sending and do the
appropriate things with it:
ie identify postscript and send it through ghostscript
   identify text and add the CR's
   identify pre-formatted binary printer input and pass it through (like
the output files from ghostscript)

Alaric,           | Archery: A deeply seated hatred of paper with bright
Mka Brandon Reed  |  coloured circles printed on it.
reed@engr.orst.edu|
http://www.engr.orst.edu:80/~reed