Subject: Sharp HC-4500A support?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian Close <adrian@close.wattle.id.au>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/21/2004 16:51:07
Hi all.

So, I have an old Sharp HC-4500A.  Its touchscreen is malfunctioning so
it's largely useless for WinCE, but it does have a usable keyboard and a
serial port, so I figured it'd make a great portable router console.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to want to do any more than make weird
noises after I use pbsdboot1.exe to load the kernel.  The screen doesn't
blank or otherwise change - just the "Loading" dialog at 100%.

I note that the lower-spec model HC-4100 is supported and as far as I
know, I have the same CPU.  I guess something else important is
different...

Anyone have any clues to throw my way?

Thanks,

Adrian Close			email:	adrian@close.wattle.id.au
107 Essex St, Pascoe Vale	web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
VIC, 3044, Australia		mobile:	+61 417 346 094