Subject: pkgsrc bootstrap
To: port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: John D. Barnett <barnett@MIT.EDU>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/02/2004 00:01:37
Hi again-

Sorry to post so many times, but I'm having problems getting netbsd up
and running on my mobilepro 780 (still can't install 1.6, btw; running
1.5 instead).

Since binary packages aren't available for the programs I want, I
thought I'd try compiling them; a cross-compilation environment would be
preferable for time and space considerations, but I went ahead and
deleted man pages and some other stuff to make room for the comp and
xcomp binary sets. So far so good...

Next, I downloaded pkgsrc-bootstrap.tar.gz, and ran bootstrap.
Unfortunately, it doesn't build; during configure, it reports

Using: MACHINE=hpcmips, MACHINE_ARCH=hpcmips

Then, later in the build, I get an error:

In file included from /usr/include/sys/param.h:142,
                  from main.c:92:
/usr/include/machine/param.h:56: warning: `MACHINE_ARCH' redefined
*Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake.boot: stopped in /root/bootstrap-pkgsrc/bmake

Sure enough, param.h defines MACHINE_ARCH=mipsel, MACHINE=hpcmips.

So, what should I do?

Thanks for any help,

John