Subject: Re: Getting started with a Uniden PC100 (8 MB)
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <4u@gno.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/21/2003 11:16:37
> I don't know if the CPU is supported. It seems to be related to the
> Toshiba processors,
Why do you say this?

The CPU is meant to be a PR13700 from Philips based on R3000.
This processor is somehow working in Nino 200, Velo 500 and other devices.

What does Toshiba have to do with it?

> What do you want to do with the system?

Have a Unix-Server in my hands.
Play with unix on different plattforms.

Possibly use it as a 'backup'-Server  for
data from my mobile phone.

Maybe I can get more usefull features working.

Have a little thing to play somehow with.

> At least you should make sure that the correct system id is used,
>  not select a similar system from the list.
> Let me know if you still want to try it and there is no selection in the
> pbsdboot menu, I can find the system id for you.

I would like to get an Uniden PC100A ID.

The metioned 1.5.1 kernel seems to work.
I can boot it quite well with the hpcboot.exe.

This produces some output either to the
'local' dump-display in hpcboot.exe or also
to the serial interface connected to the device.

after a short while it certainly can not find a
root or miniroot device.

Are the options of hpcboot.exe somewhere documented?
There are a lot of unnamed tics in my device.

would there be 1.6 kerenel arround that con be made
to work.

so long for now.

  AB