Subject: pkg_install errors on Jornada 720 and 2.0.2
From: Geoffrey Ferrari <geoffrey.ferrari@oriel.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 05/14/2005 10:48:01
Hi there,

I'm running 2.0.2 on a Jornada 720, with the pkgsrc remote mounted
via nfs.

In order to build any packages from source (a must because there are
very few precompiled binaries), I have to update the pkgtools by
doing a make and and then make install in /pkgsrc/pgktools/pkg_install .

The make completes fine, but the make install always hangs partway
through, at the point where it is installing files to /usr/sbin . In
fact, the whole system hangs at that point, with a reboot the only
remaining option.

All advice gratefully received. The ideal would be a way to solve the
problem. The next best thing a way to get around it!

Geoff F.