Port-hp300 archive

Re: HIL trackball (BKS-B1309A aka HP M1309A) supported?

kiwi_jonathan@ wrote:

> Has anyone tried one with NetBSD?   Does it by any chance emulate a 3-button HIL mouse?

I've dug out my M1309A and tried it on my HP425t running
NetBSD/hp300 10.0_RC2. It's just recognized as a three button mouse
>> hilkbd0 at hil0 code 1: 109-key keyboard, layout 2
>> wskbd0 at hilkbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
>> hilms0 at hil0 code 2: Mouse, 2 axes, 3 buttons
>> wsmouse0 at hilms0 mux 0

and works as expected on Xorg server via common wsmouse protocol:
 https://twitter.com/tsutsuii/status/1746425290547765341

It looks the trackball uses the same protocol as mice and
no explicit emulation is necessary.

> I don't see it in either the "Supported Hardware" or ""Unsupported Devices" list.

I'll add it to the "Supported Hardware" list soon.

Thanks,
---
Izumi Tsutsui