Port-hp300 archive

Re: Considering EOL of HP320/330/350 (Re: NetBSD/virt68k booting multi-user)

> On Jan 8, 2024, at 12:39 AM, Anders Gustafsson <Anders.Gustafsson%pedago.fi@localhost> wrote:

> I have solicited input from the good folks at the vintage HP Groups. I myself have a 9000/340 and on that
> NetBSD runs, but slowly. Perhaps a bit too slow to be useful.

I think it’s fair to say that all of these machine are “a bit too slow to be useful”, but I still think that, if someone is willing to put in the effort and it doesn’t result in a design compromise that could significantly hinder more modern systems, keeping them running is a noble goal.

-- thorpej