Subject: Re: Adduser - where is it?
To: Boris Klug <klug@rz-online.de>
From: Laurentiu COCEA <cocea@ceylan.necker.fr>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/22/1998 11:06:11
Boris Klug wrote:

> I installed NetBSD 1.32 on my Apollo (aka HP 433) - STRIKE! It works
> fine. But after installing the usual packages (base, comp, misc, kern and
> so on) I cant find the program adduser to add a user to passwd. All other
> prgrams including Xserver are there...

>From the *BSD FAQ (http://cynjut.neonramp.com/index.html):

-----
4.6.1 : Where can I FTP the 'adduser' program?

There is one you can FTP (see the URL below). You will need to be able
to use 'vipw' to make it work, but that shouldn't be a big problem for
most people.

ftp://ftp.quick.com.au/pub/unix/adduser.sh

The man page is there too..

ftp://ftp.quick.com.au/pub/unix/adduser.8
----

--laurentiu