Subject: realtek 8012 based parallel port lan adapter
From: Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/14/2001 16:33:16
Hello,

My falcon will soon boot NetBSD-1.5, I'd like to know if anyone has
managed to use a $SUBJECT with NetBSD (no trace in mailing list and no
driver in the cvsweb).

IIRC, the falcon // port can't be used as it can't handle bidirectionnal
traffic, so my card came bundled with a small interface that needs to be
plugged in the cartridge port (i've used it on my STe).

A driver exists in FreeBSD that handles this card, rdp(4). It makes raw
accesses to the parallel port i/o port and uses its irq.

I came to the following scheme :
- add a new bus type, cartridge or whatever name to isolate the magic of
  i/o operations & interrupt handling on the cartridge port.
  cartridgeO on mainbus0
- port the lan interface driver on cartridge bus using its i/o
  primitives.
  rdp0 on cartridge0

Does this look correct or plain stupid ?

A bunch of questions to come depending on the answer :)

Eric Masson
--
 MH: Quand au Mac, dites Mr Jobs, voyez avec Sony pour installer une
 carte PSX2 sur les Mac.