Subject: Re: IKBD-Project
To: None <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: None <al@ssh.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/23/1997 09:07:21
Hi Leo.

> [ explanation of MF-2-Scancodemode ]
> > I will make a basic language-set and a Program which generates the
> > EPROM-image. (Then you only have to 'burn' it.)
>
> I think this exactly what I wanted to have ;-) Moreover, it means that we
> can share key-map tables with the i386 port and probably some others.

Don't know! Good idea. Will evaluate this later.

> > That's right. I will implement a way to change the defaultkey and turn
> > all non-standard functions seperatly off.
>
> Ok. I hope 'a way' means by sending a command packet to the keyboard?

You are right! It will be the MEM-Load command with special parameters.
(You can call 'a way' also 'tunneling' the extended commands I implement.)

> Actually, what I meant here was that the best thing to do here was to let
> TOS receive MF-2 codes and translate it to whatever it wants by means of a
> translation table that can be loaded. I don't know if this is possible
> (TOS-wise I mean). This is particulary easier for people that don't have
> EPROM burners directly at hand (eq. me ;-)

> Anyway, I'm aready looking forward for the new ikbd-prom!

Okay. First release will support MF-2 scancodes. Later releases will support
other features...

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen, Andre' Lange

Software-Systeme Huehne GmbH
Wellinghofer Strasse 117 __________________________
Germany 44263 Dortmund  / _____,         _____,  / \
Tel.:049 231 941129-0  / (_____   ___   (_____  /\_/
Tel.:049 231 416120   / ._____/        ._____/ /
FAX :+49 231 413019  /         /___ /         /