Subject: Re: FYI: After the fair
To: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: Michael Brandt <mike@wowbagger.pc-labor.uni-bremen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/10/1997 00:21:31
On 09-Oct-97 Leo Weppelman wrote:
>On Sat 04 Oct 1997, Michael Brandt wrote:
>
>> - A new Atari compatible machine, the Milan was presented. The developers
>>   promised to make the hardware specifications available to software
>>   developers, so there might be a chance to port NetBSD to that machine,
>too.
>
>Was there a demo with this machine? What kind of expansion options did it
>provide? Not that I'm going to buy it - my Hades is just 1 year old ;-) - but
>I'm curious.

There was a demo, but I didn't see much of it and I can't remember anything
noteworthy. I have an info paper here which tells something about the expansion
options. Forgive me if anything of the following doesn't make sense, but I know
nothing about PC hardware:

- PCI to ISA bridge
- 4 x EDO-Rams (up to 32MB each, I guess)
- 68040 CPU
- parallel port
- floppy port
- 2 x IDE bus
- 3 x ISA slot
- flash ROM for TOS
- 4 x PCI slot
- super I/O (whatever that means)
- keyboard connector (they thought of every detail ...)
- **NO** SCSI connector (yet? --- What a shame!)

As currently in work are announced:

- Falcon compatibility card (with DSP)
- Pentium processor card (YUK, who needs that?)
- network and ISDN cards
- sound, MIDI and ROM port cards

That's all I know about this beastie. Perhaps Udo has more information?

Greetings

Mike

Hiroshima 45 - Tschernobyl 86 - Windows 95