Subject: Xdaniver problem solved
To: (NetBSD port-atari) <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Brandt <mike@wowbagger.pc-labor.uni-bremen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/08/1997 01:19:21
Hi,

I just found out what the problem with Xdaniver is. The size of the memory area
to be mapped with the mmap() call isn't calculated corretly. The used
expression was:

        bytes_per_screen_line * number_of_screen_lines * number_of_color_bits

This looks good at first glance, but upon closer inspection you can see that it
reads BYTES_per_screen_line not BITS_per_screen_line. In other words:
bytes_per_screen_line already includes number_of_color_bits. Thus the correct
expression is:

        bytes_per_screen_line * number_of_screen_lines

I fixed it and now it works. Is there some public place I can put the patches?
Leo?

As far as I can see there is absolutely no way for Xdaniver to run on a color
monitor (TT graphics hardware) without the patch --- did really nobody before me
try to do this?

Many thanks to Thomas Gerner for his help in this case.

Mike

Hiroshima 45 - Tschernobyl 86 - Windows 95