Subject: Re: netbsd 1.2 - falcon SCSI & serial port 2 working?
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Hastings <dan_hastings@uk.ibm.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/27/1996 05:09:30
Thats good news - so the 1.2 release should be Falcon friendly. :)
I'm intending to re-organise my netbsd-1.1 system, mainly because
/usr is out of space (99% full) so I'm gonna free up a TOS partition
and convert it to a netbsd ffs and make it /home for all my sensitive
data.

Once I've done that, I can easily back it up and start playing with
1.2 - and I'll be in a position to test kernels if need be. I do need
a stable netbsd platform for day to day stuff - almost everything I
do is under netbsd these days. It's a tight fit in 4Mb ;)

One other question, since I don't have space for all the source files
I can't re-compile kernels. Hence I am wondering if there is a
"bare minimum" kernel in the 1.2 release similar to boot_fpe from the
1.1 release? IIRC the 1.2 beta kernel I tried had 3 vconsoles configured
rather than 2 and I was constantly running out of RAM.

Dan Hastings, 01962 817047 (external) 247047 (internal)
Technical and Project Services, IBM Global Services, UK
NOSS: NHBVM1(hastind) Internet: dan_hastings@uk.ibm.com