Subject: Re: 2. Test-Results (Many things)
To: None <goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 07/15/1996 22:34:30
Hi Helmar,

	I'm not quite finished analyzing your mail yet, but I have a few questions
and remarks:
	- You said:
      > 		tar -tvf /zip1/netbsd-usr.tar
      > 		==> panic: buffer larger than expected
      It's no clear to me if you mean the MAXBSIZE message here. Because
      it looks like both the source & destination of the copy were ffs-type
      filesystems.
   - Could you provide me with a stack trace of one of those MMU type
     panics.
   - All those panics look like somehow data transfer through SCSI
     ends up at places that are outside the planned DMA area... I don't
     really get this :-( And why does this not happen on Markus' Falcon,
     is this hardware????? I think about a way to verify this.
   - The fact that sometimes your Falcon must be turned off for a while
     gives me the idea that the kernel 'forgets' to initialize something.
     Waldi once had the some thing on his TT, but that wasn't reproducable.

To be continued I'm afraid,

Leo.