Subject: Re: NetBSD-current kernel built with NFS support
To: Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/27/1996 22:03:41

> Hi!
>
> At the moment it's not possible to built an actual kernel with NFS
> support (server or client). I always get an internal compiler error
> (gcc v2.4.5) during compilation of `nfs_vnops.c' (any violation of
> internal constraints...).
>
> Can anybody confirm (and solve) that problem?
I can confirm it (I just tried it ;-) ). It is a bit strange because I
have build an nfs-kernel before 1.1 just to try it out... I also tried
compiling it with the 2.7.2 compiler. This works.

> Does anybody have an actual gcc (v2.7.2 I guess) as a atari/m68k
> binary?
Yes, I have one ;-) There is a 'but' though. The compile I have still
has the bug in the quad handling that was solved about a week ago. I
plan te rebuild the compiler this weekend. According to Dirk, the kernel
build with 2.7.2 paniced on his Falcon in the SCSI driver. A recompile
of atari5380.c with the 2.4.5 compiler solved this.... This makes me
a bit uncertain about the stability :-(

Leo.