Subject: Re: NetBSD is running now -- questions...
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/20/1995 11:43:04
Hi Benni,

> Today I tried the 20. Aug kernel, but it doesn't find it's root file
> system?!:
>
>  no suitable root
>
> is printed and the system hangs. Did you change something on the
> NBR/NBU/NBS partition id system?

Oops, looks like a bug in the disklabel routines. The partition ID
system has indeed changed, but should be backwards compatible (or
did you take that backward compatibility stuff out, Leo?).

Try renaming NBR -> NBD. This is necessary anyway, to be able
to write a NetBSD disklabel (there should be some basic notes
about the disklabel stuff, probably in INSTALL or some README).

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you've got a more essential problem.
Did you, by any chance, partition your disk with SCSI-tools?

Waldi