Sound issues on RPi B+, Jun's latest image

Hi all,

First, thank you again Jun, for your nice 2015-03-08 image (NetBSD rpi 7.99.6), it works very nicely here with my RPi B+ :)

I have two questions:
(1) I installed mplayer 1.1-4.8.4 from your repository, the install went well but I have no sound going out to the jack when I try to play some wav file. I guess it is because the audio output gets directed to the HDMI and not to the 3.5mm jack output, but I would like to have it go to the jack output. I read from you (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2015/02/26/msg002884.html) that you can control this via /root/.xinitrc, setting the appropriate value for audiocfg, but how to do that outside of any X environment?

(2) I am trying to make a FM transmitter project, compiling from source (https://github.com/Make-Magazine/PirateRadio and http://makezine.com/projects/make-38-cameras-and-av/raspberry-pirate-radio/). Compiles ok, but whenever I try to run the executable, even being root, it immediately complains: "can't open /dev/mem". Do you have an idea why do I get this, and what is the patch to apply?

Thanks a lot,
   Jean-Baka