Re: Bootloader problems

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 11:16:56AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> While the symptom is not a perfect match, I have seen similar errors in
> the past when trying to boot a kernel which has holes (in the FFS
> sense).  Since you're getting the same EIO for both netbsd and
> netbsd.gz, which presumably do not both exist with holes, it's clearly
> not that simple, but it might be something related.

It turns out it was an signed integer overflow problem. My NetBSD
partition's starting block number is above 1TB, which got interpreted
as a negative block number:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=46583
INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 36 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++