Subject: Re: rbus not calculated on amd64?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/06/2007 18:39:38
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> writes:

> Some time back, a change was made (by Greg Troxel, I thought) so that
> rbus was calculated automatically.  It doesn't seem to happen on
> amd64.  I have 3GB machine; here's what happened:

That's what I'd expect - I put the heuristic in the i386 machdep code.
If you want to add it for amd64, or a different one that matches those
platforms, that sounds sensible.  We could also have a common ruotine
somewhere, since i386 and amd64 seem to share a lot.

But, with amd64 having more address space, the whole notion of using 1G
or 2G as the rbus place seems odd.