Re: compiling linrad under NetBSD

El 15/5/24 a las 16:05, Michael van Elst escribió:
ea1abz%gmail.com@localhost (Ramiro Aceves) writes:

   960 | #define HIDIOCSFEATURE(len)    _IOC(_IOC_WRITE|_IOC_READ, 'H',
0x06, len)

That is supposed to be a function of a Linux driver, that doesn't exist
in NetBSD, also no program should declare such function itself (but
reference the appropriate header file, e.g. <linux/hidraw.h> if you
were on Linux).

My guess is that this is for a USB device that presents itself as
a HID (Human Interface Device) but has vendor-specific extras. If
that's true, you would need to write code that talks the HID protocol
on a lower level, and you need a custom kernel that forces the ugen
driver to attach so that you can actually talk to the device on
that lower level.

Thank you very much Michael, I am finding that this is more difficult than I had originally imagined. In some ways I've been a little naïve. There must be many specific Linux-dependent things in the code. It can deal with various models of receivers. Mine (Afedri-SDR Net) is exclusively used through the network but others are controlled through USB and receive data through it. Also and in the case of conventional radio receivers, you can use the sound card to digitize the audio. That I think it will be another difficulty, the program can use ALSA drivers directly or even using Portaudio. Many nightmares...

The code can even compile a Windows version using MinGW tool:

rpi4-netbsd$ gmake

II------  When running under Microsoft Windows  -------II
II  Install nasm and mingw32 in the folder C:\mingw32  II
II  Use configure.exe, then make.bat to get linrad.exe II
II-----------------------------------------------------II

-------------- When running under Linux	-----------------------

To produce a Linrad executable, do one of the following:
make xlinrad    - Linrad (32 bit) for Linux
make xlinrad64  - Linrad (64 bit) for Linux
make linrad.exe - Cross compile for Windows. mingw32 needed.
make linrad64.exe - Cross compile for Windows. mingw32 needed.

To produce scripts that install modules at boot time.
(Reboot after sucessful completion of these commands)
make svgalib    - For svgalib to run as a normal user.
                    svgalib_helper must be in/etc/linrad/xxxx
make sdr14      - To use the SDR-14 or SDR-IQ from RFSPACE
--------- other commands: make configure.exe, make sim ---------
rpi4-netbsd$

Many years of coding cannot be adapted to NetBSD in a few minutes. Also I think that the author has not got any NetBSD experience just in case I could give him access to my NetBSD system to play with it.

Many pieces of code that must be adapted for NetBSD and work together. It can work with plain X11 (no graphical programming toolkits) or framebuffer.

Anyway, I will tell you what the author of the program tells me if he answers me, but I am afraid that I will inevitably have to abandon it.

Many thanks, anyway I am learning many things.

Regards.
Ramiro.