www/lynx (on sparc) - slow / full screen update on every keystroke/navigation

I just built lynx on amd64 and don’t see this issue.

On my sparc machines - by default lynx seems to update the entire screen multiple times before it “settles down”.  Upon any kind of navigation/keypressses - the entire screen updates each time - very very slow.

This happens on both real machines + X11/xterm as well and qemu via ssh.

If I change my $TERM from xterm to vt100 - I lose color but screen redraw and behavior is normal/quick as expected.

I also tried the other build options for lynx:

wide-curses (default) - exhibits issue
curses - exhibits same issue
slang - errors out - won’t build

I can open a PR if necessary but wanted to post here to see if anyone has seen this type of behavior ?

Thanks.