Re: arduino-cli and git

On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 10:53:13PM +0800, Rui-Xiang Guo wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 08:59:43AM -0500, MLH wrote:
> > Though it might be pointless as:
> >
> > $  arduino-cli core list
> > Downloading missing tool builtin:ctags@5.8-arduino11...
> > Error initializing instance: downloading builtin:ctags@5.8-arduino11 tool: Error downloading tool builtin:ctags@5.8-arduino11: no versions available for the current OS, try contacting packages%arduino.cc@localhost
> > Downloading missing tool builtin:serial-discovery@1.4.0...
> > Error initializing instance: downloading builtin:serial-discovery@1.4.0 tool: Error downloading tool builtin:serial-discovery@1.4.0: no versions available for the current OS, try contacting packages%arduino.cc@localhost
> > Downloading missing tool builtin:mdns-discovery@1.0.9...
> > Error initializing instance: downloading builtin:mdns-discovery@1.0.9 tool: Error downloading tool builtin:mdns-discovery@1.0.9: no versions available for the current OS, try contacting packages%arduino.cc@localhost
> > Downloading missing tool builtin:serial-monitor@0.13.0...
> > Error initializing instance: downloading builtin:serial-monitor@0.13.0 tool: Error downloading tool builtin:serial-monitor@0.13.0: no versions available for the current OS, try contacting packages%arduino.cc@localhost
> > Downloading missing tool builtin:dfu-discovery@0.1.2...
> > Error initializing instance: downloading builtin:dfu-discovery@0.1.2 tool: Error downloading tool builtin:dfu-discovery@0.1.2: no versions available for the current OS, try contacting packages%arduino.cc@localhost
> > Error initializing instance: Error loading hardware platform: reading directory packages/builtin/tools: open packages/builtin/tools: no such file or directory
> > Error initializing instance: Error loading hardware platform: discovery builtin:serial-discovery not installed
> > Error initializing instance: Error loading hardware platform: discovery builtin:mdns-discovery not installed
> > No platforms installed.
> >
> > I sent them email but it bounced.
>
> It means we need to build our own arduino-core package which does not exist
> in pkgsrc yet.

I have updated arduino-cli and added arduino-esp8266 core package.
They are tested on NetBSD/amd64 9.3 by the procedures in below webpage:
https://ericslenk.com/posts/getting-started-with-the-nodemcu-esp8266-and-arduino-cli

It is also able to use monitor command to read the serial output:
arduino-cli monitor -p /dev/ttyU0 -c baudrate=115200

For other than ESP8266 platforms, you may try to add their core packages for the
boards.

-rxg