Re: audio/flite: remove flush in play_wave()

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024, Brian Buhrow wrote:

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:20:29 -0800
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow%nfbcal.org@localhost>
To: adr <adr%sdf.org@localhost>
Cc: pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost, buhrow%nfbcal.org@localhost
Subject: Re: audio/flite: remove flush in play_wave()

	hello.  If this data point is helpful, I'm running Yasr, eflite/Flite-1.3, the version I
pointed you at, on NetBSD/amd64 V9.9977, without any trouble at all.  I don't remember when all
the mixer stuff came into NetBSD, but I think it was before then.  So, it's most likely
something with the new Flite that's tripping you up.

-Brian

The first thing I did when we talked about screen readers was
testing the tarball you shared. What is amazing is that everything
worked ok having the flush/drain swapped, and note that the version
of eflite you use doesn't work with the new versions of flite. It's
a bloody planetary conjuction...

adr